Kyrie Irving said he will miss wearing that number one jersey along the Cameroon Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina.
He only played 11 games as a premier point guard member of the Duke Blue Devils, but it was one experience that he would forever cherish.
Nobody really questioned Irving’s vast skills and maturity, but he was always a block buster movie that showed only clips and trailers of a promising hit.
Injuring his toe after eight games, Irving’s highlight reels have been cut short, but coach Mike Krzyzewski never wavered about Irving’s promise. He knew when the time comes, he will always deliver.
Dropping an average of 17.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.8 rebounds in his first eight games, Irving scored 28 points against Arizona in a losing effort in the Sweet Sixteen.
The Cleveland Cavaliers won the lottery draft last Tuesday and will be picking the year’s first overall pick in the draft. They will be in the same nostalgic moment that happened almost eight years ago when they picked the 6-foot-8 forward from Akron Ohio, LeBron James.
James came out as what everybody expected of him—winning two MVPs, while taking Cleveland to the playoffs. However, it ended with James chasing legacies in Miami.
Kyrie Irving is the clear choice for the Cavaliers.
He is a special player who makes everybody around him better. He was always a player who has the same attributes of a Derrick Rose and a Chris Paul, but still sets his own identity in the game.
Irving would never be like James. He doesn’t want to be called the king, and he doesn’t crave the lime light. He could only play what Coach K, has always believed in—when the time comes, he delivers.
Many still have doubts about Irving’s promising career and you can’t really blame them for that.
Irving was just unfortunate to be in the post-LeBron era—big expectations with lesser margin for errors.
However, with a lot of upside, picking Irving can never be wrong. Coach K never wavered, and James has long been recruiting him to be part of his company, handling his contracts, endorsements and everything.
However, Irving never got wooed about fame or money. It wasn’t how he was brought up. It was never about how much you earn, but how much you’re worth.
Kyrie Irving will miss putting up his number one jersey in Durham, NC, playing under heartwarming fans and Coach K.
Trading your number one jersey for a number one overall pick is a no brainer.
Cleveland will just have to believe and Irving will surely deliver.
- In Flex We Trust » Tiger Woods, LeBron James & Kobe Bryant on …
- 2011 NBA Mock Draft: All 30 Picks, New York Knicks Select Markieff …
- 2011 NBA Mock Draft: All 30 Picks, Nets Take Justin Harper at No …
- Footwear Faceoff: LeBron James vs Dwyane Wade | NiceKicks.com
- NBA Mock Draft 2011: Kyrie Irving, Derrick Williams Spark …
- Kyrie Irving: Irving Plans to Skip On-Court Drills, Should Teams …
- NBA Draft Lottery: Who Wins Kyrie Irving? | The Big Lead
- LeBron and D-Wade Look To Bounce Back In Chicago | The Big Lead
- 2011 NBA Mock Draft 2.0 | The Big Lead
- Kyrie Irving to skip NBA Draft Combine | THATSENUFF.COM
- 2011 NBA Draft Combine: Day 1 Workout Notes and Analysis » SwishScout
- John Schmeelk: LeBron James And Co. Turning On The Heat Against …
- LeBron Leads Heat To Game 2 Victory Over Bulls | News One
- LeBron. Clutch. | Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News …
- Sneak Peek: 2011 NBA Draft Caps | Dime Magazine (dimemag.com …
- Kyrie Irving | CNNConsumerNews.com
- No debate: Duke guard Kyrie Irving should be Cavs' pick « The …
- Could LeBron James be the next Karl Malone? | Boston Celtics …
- LeBron Looks To Conquer The World – Kurt Badenhausen – Jock Rich …