Hours and minutes before Jon Fitch’s biggest fight on his career. An excited Fitch, shadowed box and kicked the helpless air with force, like a dance routine waiting for its biggest stage and biggest crowd throughout his career.
More than the bright lights of the octagon or the animated cheers in Sydney Australia, this would be Jon’s ultimate fight, a conclusion to his career, to his greatness and much more to his winning heart.
With only his second championship fight on his eight-year career. Jon will be facing a legend, a fighter whose legacy has already been etched on MMA’s hall of fame, BJ Penn.
Fitch is a year older than Penn and has a better fight record with 23-3-1 no contest but Jon is nowhere near Penn’s popularity. If this is a popularity contest then hands down Penn wins the fight by a wider margin. BJ became only the second fighter to win two different weight classes winning the UFC lightweight and welterweight titles. He fought with precision and risk. He doesn’t care about losing. He just did whatever he had to doto win, a big difference with Fitch, who fights with lesser risk but carries a big heart.
Both fighters going in different directions, different styles but came out with just one goal andthat is winning.
Jon Fitch was dubbed as “The Decision” it’s because almost all of his fights are decided through decision. His fighting style has been criticized because it’s allegedly boring. However, it’s how the way he fights. He wrestles to control his opponents and fights with calculated risks. He may be boring but he still came out effective, holding the record for most wins via decision in the UFC.
Jon goes to the fight as a 2-1 favorite not because he is the much talented fighter between BJ. But because he weighs much bigger than Penn and with Penn’s declining skills, winning only one out of his last three fights.
This would be Jon Fitch’s biggest fight and the biggest stage of his career. This is the fight he wants. And it’s not about winning anymore it boils down to respect. He wants the respect of MMA fans; he wants to let the world know his greatness.
More than greatness he wants everybody to know his big heart.
He may be boring but he never cared about it just as long as he is winning.
- Watch UFC 127 BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch ONline Free Live IN HD COPY …
- Ufc 127 Weigh Ins Video
- Watch UFC 127 BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch ONline Free Live STREAM | TRIP to
- UFC 127 main event preview: Can Jon Fitch get past BJ Penn to earn …
- Watch UFC 127 BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch ONline Free Live FOR FREE …
- Jon Fitch vs BJ Penn live streaming In Demand PPV UFC Broadcast …
- BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch live streaming In Demand PPV UFC Broadcast …
- Watch UFC 127 BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch ONline Free Live STREAM …
- UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Weigh-in Photos | MMAWeekly.com
- Dana White's UFC 127 Video Blog: The Weigh-ins | MMAWeekly.com
- Dana White's UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch Video Breakdown | MMAWeekly.com
- UFC 127: Fitch vs. Penn Weigh-In Results | MMAWeekly.com
- UFC 127 Fight Card: What BJ Penn Has to Do to Beat Jon Fitch in …
- Jon Fitch Training | Combat Trainer
- UFC 127 Weigh-In Results « Cage Pages | A MMA blog for diehard MMA …
Latest posts by Jess Matthew Beltran (see all)
- Canelo Alvarez – Genady Golovkin : How Boxing Stole The Fight – September 18, 2017
- Conor Mcgregor has a chance to score an upset against Floyd Mayweather – August 24, 2017
- Kyrie Irving Is Making His Own Legacy – August 13, 2017