The sound of swish can be heard on an empty court with bleachers already cleaned from all the trash loitered on the Milwaukee Bucks last game. The sweat-filled Michael Redd is practicing his shooting touch. One-two dribble then concluded with a pull-up jumper. Swish as the deafening noise echoed the empty stadium, like a seasoned shooter on a target practice hitting nothing but the net, with deadly precision.
Michael is preparing for his comeback with the Bucks after two straight years of suffering an ACL and MCL in the same knee. It has been a long rehabilitation and with his contract expiring. It’s becoming a mandatory obligation for him to really get back. It has been two seasons, and Milwaukee seems to move on pretty well. Andrew Bogut has since came out from his shell giving the Bucks a double-double output (points and rebounds) and shot blocking presence. However, Michael really wanted to get back and has worked doubly hard on his rehabilitation. It’s not about the money or contracts. It’s about trying to prove to everyone that he still can be deadly from beyond the arc, and he still can contribute to the team. It has been a Cinderella career for him after being a second-round pick to becoming an all-star and playing in the U.S. Olympic team. He wants a happy ever after ending.
However, Milwaukee seems not too eager to see him back. The Bucks continue to get the insurance money that covered 80% percent of Michael’s 18.3 million salary. It really helps the franchise, especially if you are paying someone who is not playing at all. If Michael is healthy enough to play the Bucks remaining games it will cost the team some millions of lost insurance payments.
Redd has been a step slower now and even while he was still healthy his defense was always a suspect. But it was no doubt, he has been carrying this team on his back for years. He has been loyal to this franchise and all he needs is just a second chance, one last ditch of effort before calling it a career.
The sound of swish once again echoed around the empty bleachers, around the empty arena. Michael Redd perfects his shooting touch with one-two dribble and a pull-up jumper…. Swish! It’s the sound of net being murdered over and over again but beyond that, it sounds like a determined player wanting to get back.
- Milwaukee Bucks analysis: John Salmons strikes back against …
- Milwaukee Bucks mistakes help Denver Nuggets end road woes
- Michael Redd Set To Rejoin Bucks
- Michael Redd Getting Closer to Making Season Debut | Online …
- Anthony, Nuggets visit Milwaukee Bucks « Belmont.com
- Denver Nuggets versus Milwaukee Bucks ESPN TV NBA Pro Basketball …
- Bucks' Michael Redd returning? (Yahoo! Sports …
- Michael Redd returning to action for Bucks | Sixers Foul Line
- Would Michael Redd Have Made A Difference in Milwaukee this Season …
- Michael Redd Set for Return Next Week | AM Basketball
Latest posts by Jess Matthew Beltran (see all)
- Dwight Howard: Superman’s Mortality – October 7, 2017
- Canelo Alvarez – Genady Golovkin : How Boxing Stole The Fight – September 18, 2017
- Conor Mcgregor has a chance to score an upset against Floyd Mayweather – August 24, 2017