Phil Jackson has said it over and over again that this would be his last season with the Lakers. This is his last and final stand to an unprecedented 12 NBA championship.
It was always the challenges that drawn him back. Each season comes with a different challenge, a different drama that usually ends with a very intriguing finale. Basketball has been a constant fixture on his life, a comfort zone that time and time again became his fall back.
There is always something about Championships for Phil. Beyond those glittering gold trophies and extravagant celebrations, it was never about the competition. It was always the thought of overcoming all season’s obstacles and failures before they triumphed. Each wins is always an added experience a growth and maturity to a team. Just like Vince Lombardi always said “Winning isn’t everything, but the will to win is everything.”
There are still a lot of challenges left. A lot of mountains left unclimbed. However, the thrill and excitement seem to slowly die down. He had done so much for basketball. Won championships, coach of the year awards and have coached the NBA’s greatest players in Michael Jordan, Shaq and Kobe. He had been in basketball for too long and had won games more than he could imagine. He always has a game plan for everything and retiring is one of them.
The Lakers this season so far has been on some tumultuous games. They have been blown out by the Milwaukee Bucks for almost 20 points on their home court. They lost to the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs and recently to the (11-33) Sacramento Kings. The Lakers still holds the Western conference number two spot. However, they have a problem of being consistent this season. This would be the ultimate challenge for Jackson to pull this off. However, regardless if they win a championship this time, he already made up his mind. This would be his last season… last and final climb.
“Like life, basketball is messy and unpredictable. It has its way with you, no matter how hard you try to control it. The trick is to experience each moment with a clear mind and open heart. When you do that, the game–and life–will take care of itself.”
For Phil Jackson, there is always a life after basketball…
- In Flex We Trust » NBA: Lakers' Phil Jackson says he still wants …
- Friday Flashback: 31 Year Old Phil Jackson Visits The Knicks …
- NBA.com StatsCube: Lakers vs. Celtics « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- SLAM ONLINE | » Kobe Bryant: Moving On Up
- SLAM ONLINE | » Kobe Bryant Looking to Properly Send Off Phil Jackson
- Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers 2011 NBA Preview, Odds, and …
- Lil Wayne 'Like Kobe Bryant' On Carter IV, David Banner Says …
- Los Angeles Lakers Looking Human, Time for Change? | Duttons Brentwood
- Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Boston Returns to LA for …
- Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers NBA Betting Odds
- Kobe Bryant Top Vote-Getter For 2011 NBA All-Star Game | The Urban …
- TLN's Postgame Report: Lakers vs. Kings – Out of Balance (100-95 …
- TSTOS: Why Kobe Bryant Sucks | sportsjabber.net
- The Point Forward » Posts Celtics vs. Lakers: Five things to watch «
- Cousins Scores 27, Kings Stun Lakers 100-95 « CBS Los Angeles
- Lakers Set To Face Celtics, Shaq In Finals Rematch « CBS Los Angeles
- LEEInks » Lakers coach Phil Jackson: 'It really is' my last season
- Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Breaking Down the …
- Lakers – Kings Postgame Numbers « Lakers Blog
Latest posts by Jess Matthew Beltran (see all)
- Canelo Alvarez – Genady Golovkin : How Boxing Stole The Fight – September 18, 2017
- Conor Mcgregor has a chance to score an upset against Floyd Mayweather – August 24, 2017
- Kyrie Irving Is Making His Own Legacy – August 13, 2017