First it was Zach Randolph’s long three point shot with seconds left in regulation in game 3. And then there was the 104-86 beating in game 4 to keep the Memphis Grizzlies on a 3-1 series lead. It was not the way how a number one seeded San Antonio Spurs thought of ending their final run towards a championship. They never thought about crumbling down this early in the playoffs. Not this way, never, not without a fight.
When the mind is willing but the body isn’t, the aging Spurs knew it would take a lot of work to get out on the hole they’ve dug in. The Grizzlies somehow resembles a mirror of their once self—Young, athletic and hungry. Their strength comes from their team, playing every game with urgency and dedication.
There aren’t many holes on the Spurs‘ offense and their defense is still superbly well executed.
However, somehow they couldn’t find a way to make a stop on the Memphis offense. They couldn’t find a way to control Randolph’s post moves and unorthodox shots. Not with a 36 year old veteran, Antonio Mcdyess.
Before Miami and Boston’s big three, there was the Spurs‘ triumvirate with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. However, with Tim Duncan’s twilight slowly fading and Parker and Manu’s recent injuries the Spurs would have to rely more on other options. Richard Jefferson has slowly caught up with his once dominating offense and George Hill has been solid all season long. It wasn’t a surprise how they got the 61-21 record. They have battled injuries and adversities, and they still came out on top. However, with those tired legs somehow, something has to give.
Down 3-1, the season is still far from over. Anything can still happen. Tim knows he would have to recollect the ghost of his past to get over those big bodies of the Grizzlies. He would have to do more than what his body requires. Game 5 is the time to put those hands down and starts making those punches…
Coming back from a three to one deficit would be a fitting finale to their fairy tale season. This is going to be war in game 5. A dynasty is slowly collapsing right before our eyes, and this is the time they strike back.
The San Antonio Spurs have so much pride to give up. That would never happen because a champion is someone who gets up, even when he can’t… and the Grizzlies should better be ready.
- Paine Names Tim Duncan New Athletic Director | HBCU Digest
- Watch Free Memphis Grizzlies vs San Antonio Spurs Live Streaming …
- Are the San Antonio Spurs Done (Part III)? | The Big Lead
- Happy Birthday, Tim Duncan | San Antonio Current — Blogs
- Memphis Grizzlies 104, San Antonio Spurs 86
- Memphis Grizzlies 91, San Antonio Spurs 88: Tony Parker and milk …
- The San Antonio Spurs maintain their composure
- Tim Duncan is old. It's okay.
Latest posts by Jess Matthew Beltran (see all)
- Canelo Alvarez – Genady Golovkin : How Boxing Stole The Fight – September 18, 2017
- Conor Mcgregor has a chance to score an upset against Floyd Mayweather – August 24, 2017
- Kyrie Irving Is Making His Own Legacy – August 13, 2017